Southern Fried Chicken
- 2 (3- to 3 1/2-pound) broiler-fryers, cut up
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Rub chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt in a plastic or paper bag; shake to mix well. Place 2 or 3 pieces of chicken in bag; shake well. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken.
- Heat 3 to 4 inches of oil to 375°; add chicken, and fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This