1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Heat an ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Add oil. Add chicken and sear on both sides. Place pan in the oven until chicken is cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove chicken from pan but don't wash the pan.
2. Meanwhile, mix 6 cups hot water with the bouillon cubes to make broth.
3. Bring 3 cups of the broth to a boil and add rice, cover and reduce to simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Drain and rinse beans; set aside.
5. In the frying pan, heat margarine until melted over medium heat. Whisk in flour until incorporated. Add remaining 3 cups broth and mix well. Cook, stirring until thickened. Once thick, reduce heat.
6. When rice is finished, add beans, thyme and 1/3 of the gravy and mix. Stir over medium heat until beans are hot throughout.
7. Remove skin and bones from the chicken. Slice breast on the diagonal. Place a portion of rice mixture on a plate. Top with some sliced chicken, and pour even amounts of remaining gravy over each serving.
Go to full version of