Southern Camp Stew
This hearty dish is reminiscent of Brunswick stew, a Southern comfort-food favorite made with pork, beef, and chicken. In this version, we opted to only use chicken to keep the ingredient list short and the preparation quick.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 225
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 23.8g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 257mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1 cup chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can medium-size green lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (optional)
- 1 small rotisserie chicken
- 1. Combine first 7 ingredients and hot sauce, if desired, in a large Dutch oven. Cover and bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes.
- 2. While soup simmers, skin and bone chicken. Shred chicken to measure 3 1/2 cups; add chicken to soup. Cook 3 minutes.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note