Southern Barbecued Spareribs
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup catsup
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, cut into 4 serving-size pieces
- Sauté garlic in butter in a heavy saucepan. Stir in catsup, chili sauce, sugar, mustard , Worcestershire sauce, celery seeds, hot sauce, salt, and water. Bring to a boil . Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place spareribs and water to cover in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil . Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Place ribs, bone side down, on grill over slow coals. Grill 10 minutes; turn meaty side down, and cook 10 minutes. Cook 10 to 15 additional minutes, turning and basting often with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes