- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup catsup
- 3/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 4 pounds pork spareribs, cut into 4 serving-size pieces
How to Make It
Sauté garlic in butter in a heavy saucepan. Stir in catsup, chili sauce, sugar, mustard , Worcestershire sauce, celery seeds, hot sauce, salt, and water. Bring to a boil . Remove from heat, and set aside.
Place spareribs and water to cover in a large Dutch oven. Bring to a boil . Reduce heat; cover and simmer 45 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
Place ribs, bone side down, on grill over slow coals. Grill 10 minutes; turn meaty side down, and cook 10 minutes. Cook 10 to 15 additional minutes, turning and basting often with sauce.