Fabulous! I baked the 3 3/4# brisket for 4 1/2 hours and let it rest about 1 hour and I think it was a little overdone and dry in places. Next time I would only do 4 hours. It is hard to determine doneness since it is 'tightly covered'. This recipe is sooooo easy and the flavor is great.
Southern Baked Brisket
Beef brisket takes a Southern detour with the addition of cola soft drink--one of the South's favorite sodas. For your next special occasion, let Southern Baked Brisket be the "belle of the ball."
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle chili sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 1/4 cups cola soft drink
- 1 (1.9-oz.) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (3- to 4-lb.) beef brisket flat, trimmed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 3 ingredients and both envelopes from soup mix package in a large bowl.
- 2. Place brisket, fat side up, in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan. Pour chili sauce mixture over brisket.
- 3. Bake, tightly covered, at 350° for 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until fork-tender. Remove from oven; let stand 20 minutes. Cut brisket across the grain into thin slices using a sharp knife, and pour pan juices over slices.
- Note: We tested with Lipton Kosher Recipe Secrets Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note