Except that I only marinated this about 9 hours and cooked on the stove in my black iron skillet, I followed directions exactly. Wow! This is so flavorful, tender, and delicious. Just outstanding. Served with soba noodles (dressed in a little sesame oil, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and cilantro) and some steamed snow peas with red bell peppers.
Southeast Asian Grilled Flank Steak
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 180
- Calories from fat: 40%
- Fat: 7.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 23.5g
- Carbohydrate: 2.5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 374mg
- Calcium: 18mg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add steak; seal and marinate in refrigerator 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 3. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- 4. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from grill; sprinkle with salt. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut across grain into thin slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes