This was a fantastic and easy salad. I made half the recipe for two and it was a large serving. We probably ate more meat then the recommende portion - it was outstanding. Served with a whole wheat baguette. Simple, easy meal.
Southeast Asian Grilled Beef Salad
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 236
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 25.6g
- Carbohydrate: 13.3g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 4.3mg
- Sodium: 676mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow or red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- To prepare beef, combine the first 6 ingredients. Rub over beef; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill.
- Place beef on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Cut beef diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- To prepare dressing, combine juice and next 5 ingredients (juice through oil), stirring well with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, combine greens and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Divide salad evenly among 6 plates; top with beef.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes