This was a fantastic and easy salad. I made half the recipe for two and it was a large serving. We probably ate more meat then the recommende portion - it was outstanding. Served with a whole wheat baguette. Simple, easy meal.
Southeast Asian Grilled Beef Salad
"I love the strong flavors of Thai food, especially the combination of lime juice and beef. This dish is great for company because you can prep all the ingredients ahead, and then everything comes together quickly." -CL Reader
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 236
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 25.6g
- Carbohydrate: 13.3g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 4.3mg
- Sodium: 676mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow or red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- To prepare beef, combine the first 6 ingredients. Rub over beef; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Prepare grill.
- Place beef on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Cut beef diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- To prepare dressing, combine juice and next 5 ingredients (juice through oil), stirring well with a whisk.
- To prepare salad, combine greens and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss gently to coat. Divide salad evenly among 6 plates; top with beef.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note