Southeast Asian Grapefruit and Shrimp Salad
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Kevin Crafts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 177
- Calories from fat: 7.3%
- Protein: 26g
- Fat: 1.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 967mg
- Cholesterol: 221mg
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound large (26 to 30 per lb.) peeled, deveined cooked shrimp
- 2 1/2 cups pink or ruby grapefruit segments (from 2 1/2 lbs. fruit), plus their juice
- About 1 tsp. sambal badjak* or 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 2 cups lightly packed watercress sprigs
- 1. Combine lime juice, fish sauce, cilantro, mint, and ginger in a large bowl.
- 2. Split shrimp in half lengthwise, then add to bowl and gently toss with dressing to coat.
- 3. Spoon grapefruit segments into a wide, shallow serving bowl, using a slotted spoon. Pour 1/4 cup grapefruit juice into bowl with shrimp. Add sambal to taste, gently mixing to combine (save remaining grapefruit juice for another use).
- 4. Spoon shrimp and dressing onto fruit. Add watercress and gently toss.
- *Find sambal badjak, a sweet-spicy Indonesian condiment, in the international foods aisle.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This