South of the Border Microwave Meatloaf
Stand: 10 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) finely chopped poblano or green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup(s) very finely crushed authentic restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 1 cup(s) ketchup
- 2 tablespoon(s) Chipotle Rub
- 1 1/2 pound(s) 85% lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1. In a food processor, finely chop peppers and onion. Place chips into a large resealable plastic bag; very finely crush and measure 1/2 cup crumbs. Combine ketchup and Chipotle Rub in a small bowl; stir with a scraper. In a 6-qt. mixing bowl, combine pepper, onion, tortilla chip crumbs, 3/4 cup of the ketchup mixture, beef, egg and 1 cup of the cheese; mix well.
- 2. Place meat mixture in a deep covered baking dish; form into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-in. loaf. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 14-17 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of meat loaf registers 145° F. Remove baking dish from microwave. With a basting brush, brush remaining ketchup mixture over meat loaf. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 3-5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160° F in the center.
- 3. Sprinkle remaining cheese over meat loaf; cover and let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle cilantro over meat loaf, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note