South of the Border Corn Chowder
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 can(s) 14 oz chicken broth
- 1 package(s) 16 oz frozen corn
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 3 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 in cubes (about 1 3/4 lb)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) whipping cream
- Toppings: cooked and crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, crushed corn chips.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a 4quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cream. Using a potato masher, partially mash potatoes in slow cooker until chowder is desired consistency. Serve with desired toppings. Makes 10 cups
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Slavens and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
South of the Border Corn Chowder Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews