Backyard Big South-of-the-Border Burgers
These burgers boast a smoky flavor and a of spice, giving it South-of-the-Border namesake.
Yield: Makes 6 servings.
- 4-oz. can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 12 round buttery crackers, crushed
- 4 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoke-flavored cooking sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork sausage
- 6 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 6 sesame seed hamburger buns, split
- Garnish: lettuce leaves, sliced tomato
- In a large bowl, combine first 8 ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Form into 6 patties. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink. Top with cheese. Grill until cheese is melted. Grill buns, cut-side down, for one to 2 minutes, or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns, garnished as desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note