South Carolina Fresh Peach Cake
Yield: one dozen 3 - inch squares
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Whipped cream
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, soda, salt, and cinnamon; mix well, and set aside.
- Combine eggs, sugar, and oil; beat until smooth. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed of electric mixer just until blended (batter will be thick).
- Dredge peaches and pecans in remaining 1/2 cup flour; gently fold in to batter.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 13- x 9- x 2 - inch baking pan. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Cut in to squares to serve; garnish each square with a dollop of whipped cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings