South Beach Diet Tiramisu - Nutella (instead of coffee)
Community Recipe from
- 6 egg white(s)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract divided
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar substitute
- 6 tablespoon(s) flour, whole-wheat pastry divided
- 2 cup(s) cheese, ricotta, part-skim
- 1/2 cup(s) whipped dessert topping, fat-free
- 1/4 cup(s) 1/4 cup(s) nutella
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder, unsweetened divided
- mint, fresh for garnish
- 2 tablespoon(s) coffee creamer - mint - divided
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 8" by 8" baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1⁄2 teaspoon of the vanilla and 1 Tbls coffee creamer-mint, beat to combination. Add 1⁄3 cup of the sugar substitute and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Sift 2 tablespoons of the flour over beaten egg whites and gently fold to incorporate. Repeat twice with remaining flour until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Pour batter into the pan and gently smooth the top. Bake, turning once halfway through, until cake is golden and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, whipped topping, remaining 2 teaspoons sugar substitute, 1 Tbls coffee creamer-mint, and 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla. Cut cake in half vertically down the middle to make two 4" by 8" pieces. Place the halves on a flat work surface. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of melted Nutella onto each half. Spread half of the ricotta mixture onto one of the halves and dust with half of the cocoa powder.
- Top with remaining cake half; spread the top with remaining ricotta mixture and dust with remaining cocoa powder. Using a serrated knife gently cut cake crosswise into 4 slices and serve with mint leaves for garnish, if using.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by organizingfool and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note