South Beach Diet Tiramisu - Nutella (instead of coffee)
Community Recipe from
- 6 egg white(s)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cream of tartar
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract divided
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar substitute
- 6 tablespoon(s) flour, whole-wheat pastry divided
- 2 cup(s) cheese, ricotta, part-skim
- 1/2 cup(s) whipped dessert topping, fat-free
- 1/4 cup(s) 1/4 cup(s) nutella
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder, unsweetened divided
- mint, fresh for garnish
- 2 tablespoon(s) coffee creamer - mint - divided
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 8" by 8" baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt until soft peaks form, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1⁄2 teaspoon of the vanilla and 1 Tbls coffee creamer-mint, beat to combination. Add 1⁄3 cup of the sugar substitute and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Sift 2 tablespoons of the flour over beaten egg whites and gently fold to incorporate. Repeat twice with remaining flour until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Pour batter into the pan and gently smooth the top. Bake, turning once halfway through, until cake is golden and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, whipped topping, remaining 2 teaspoons sugar substitute, 1 Tbls coffee creamer-mint, and 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla. Cut cake in half vertically down the middle to make two 4" by 8" pieces. Place the halves on a flat work surface. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of melted Nutella onto each half. Spread half of the ricotta mixture onto one of the halves and dust with half of the cocoa powder.
- Top with remaining cake half; spread the top with remaining ricotta mixture and dust with remaining cocoa powder. Using a serrated knife gently cut cake crosswise into 4 slices and serve with mint leaves for garnish, if using.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by organizingfool and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes