South American Peanut Pork
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Thinly sliced green onions
- 1. HEAT oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, bell pepper and carrots. Saute about 2 minutes, stirring often.
2. ADD the pork, paprika, sugar, cumin and cayenne pepper. Add salt and pepper to taste. Brown pork on all sides.
3. POUR in chicken stock, scraping the bottom and sides of pan to deglaze it. Add peanut butter; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 15-20 minutes until the pork is tender.
4. SEASON with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Serve over rice, topped with sliced green onions and chopped peanuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes