HOWARD L. PUCKETT
Assemble this strata the night before, and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 255
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 28.9g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 552mg
- Calcium: 403mg
- 6 (1 1/4-inch) slices sourdough French bread (about 7 1/2 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, divided
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained and divided
- 1 2/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons shelled pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Arrange 2 bread slices in a single layer in a 2-quart soufflé dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese, one-third of onion, and one-third of chiles. Repeat layers twice.
- Combine milk and next 6 ingredients (milk through eggs) in a blender, and process until smooth. Pour over bread layers. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Uncover; sprinkle strata with pumpkin seeds, if desired. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sourdough-Pumpkin Strata Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This