- 8 cups cubed sourdough bread (about 8 slices)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) container shucked oysters, drained and coarsely chopped (about 2 dozen oysters)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Arrange bread cubes on 2 baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until dry and golden.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, celery, and garlic. Sauté 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Add salt and next 3 ingredients; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Combine bread cubes, oyster mixture, bacon, parsley, and artichoke hearts in a large bowl, tossing well. Spoon dressing into a greased 11" x 7" baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note