Sourdough Garlic Bread
Pasquale Usorio, proprietor for nearly four decades of Pasquale's Pizzeria in San Francisco, makes a crusty, potent garlic bread that regulars swear by.
Yield: Makes 12 pieces
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 199
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 4.5g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 278mg
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced or pressed garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 1/2-pound loaves of sourdough French bread
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup olive oil, 3 tablespoons minced or pressed garlic, and 3 tablespoons chopped parsley. Cut two 1/2-pound loaves of sourdough French bread crosswise into thirds, then cut each third in half horizontally. Brush or spoon garlic mixture generously on the cut side of each piece. Sprinkle each piece with about 1/2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese. Place pieces (cheese side up) on baking sheets and broil 8 inches from heat until well browned, 3 to 4 minutes each. Serve warm.
- Nutritional analysis per piece.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note