- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 3/4 ounces)
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour (about 3 ounces)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup dried currants or raisins
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- calories 175
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- fat 4.8 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 1.3 g
- polyfat 0.3 g
- protein 3.6 g
- carbohydrate 30.2 g
- fiber 1.4 g
- cholesterol 14 mg
- iron 1.3 mg
- sodium 219 mg
- calcium 81 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°.
Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine both flours and the next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
Combine sour cream, butter, and egg white in a small bowl. Add sour cream mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist. Stir in currants.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead lightly 6 to 12 times with floured hands. (Dough will be crumbly.) Divide dough in half. Pat each half into a 6-inch circle on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Cut each circle into 6 wedges; do not separate.
Combine 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and cinnamon. Lightly coat top of dough with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon mixture. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.