Yummy yum yum. I used reduced fat/lite sour cream instead of fat free.
Sour Cream Raspberry Swirl Loaf
Randy Mayor; Fonda Shaia
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 184
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 31.2g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 155mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 1/8 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons 2% reduced-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine raspberry jam and walnuts in a small bowl.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine sugar, butter, lemon rind, 1 teaspoon vanilla, egg, and egg white in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spread half the batter into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Spoon raspberry mixture over top, leaving a 1/4-inch border. Spread remaining batter over raspberry mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Combine 1/8 teaspoon vanilla , powdered sugar, and milk in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle over loaf.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sour Cream Raspberry Swirl Loaf Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Breads