Sour Cream Poundcake
Cool: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 stick(s) butter, no substitute, room temperature
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) sour cream, full fat not lite, room temperature
- 3 cup(s) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract OR
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) almond extract plus
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract OR
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon extract plus
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Prepare tube pan with Baker's Choice or butter and flour.
- Cream butter and sugar slowly and thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, sift flour, salt and soda together.
- Add eggs one at a time to butter and sugar, mixing well after each.
- Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately, about 1/4 c. at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- When no more dry flour is visible, add flavorings.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and, like my mama taught me, bounce the pan gently on the floor to even out the batter and get rid of air bubbles.
- Bake for 1 & 1/2 hours. Test for doneness with a toothpick at 80-85 minutes.
- When toothpick comes out clean, remove from oven and cool on rack.
- After a few minutes, run a knife around the outside and inside edges to loosen, then wait another 20-30 minutes before turning out onto plate or cake stand.
- Cover tightly only when completely cooled, otherwise it will sweat and get mushy.
- Good right away but even better after a few days. Enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by itsmpike and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note