This is a nice light cake that goes very well with fresh fruit. I could not find a reduced-fat cake mix, so I used a reduced sugar one instead and followed directions for the cake exactly. The cake was nice and light, but it really needs the fruit sauce to make it something special. I did not have raspberries, so I made a sauce on the stove with diced fresh strawberries (in season now), sugar and orange juice heated on the stove.
Sour Cream Pound Cake With Raspberry Sauce
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 244mg
- Vegetable cooking spray
- All-purpose flour
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package reduced-fat yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Raspberry Sauce
- Garnishes: powdered sugar, fresh mint sprigs
- Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray, and sprinkle with flour, shaking to coat pan.
- Beat cake mix and next 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 4 minutes. Spoon into pan.
- Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Serve with Raspberry Sauce; garnish, if desired.
- Nutrition: Per slice with 3 tablespoons sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sour Cream Pound Cake With Raspberry Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings