This is a nice light cake that goes very well with fresh fruit. I could not find a reduced-fat cake mix, so I used a reduced sugar one instead and followed directions for the cake exactly. The cake was nice and light, but it really needs the fruit sauce to make it something special. I did not have raspberries, so I made a sauce on the stove with diced fresh strawberries (in season now), sugar and orange juice heated on the stove.
Sour Cream Pound Cake With Raspberry Sauce
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Cindy Manning Barr
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 244mg
- Vegetable cooking spray
- All-purpose flour
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package reduced-fat yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- Raspberry Sauce
- Garnishes: powdered sugar, fresh mint sprigs
- Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray, and sprinkle with flour, shaking to coat pan.
- Beat cake mix and next 5 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 4 minutes. Spoon into pan.
- Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Serve with Raspberry Sauce; garnish, if desired.
- Nutrition: Per slice with 3 tablespoons sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sour Cream Pound Cake With Raspberry Sauce Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings