Sour Cream Pound Cake
Great with strawberries and whipped cream. Or butter a slice and toast in toaster oven.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 cup(s) butter softened
- 6 eggs
- 3 cup(s) flour sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- Grease and flour 10" tube pan. Oven to 350 degrees. In mixer bowl, cream together sugar and butter till light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift together flour, salt and soda, add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating after each addition. Add extracts and vanilla, beat well. Pour in pan. Bake for 60-90 minutes (recipe says 1 1/2 hours but it has always been ready one hour later) or till cake tests done. Toothpick test. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan, Cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mcolonica and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings