Sour Cream Pound Cake
From Martha Stewart Everyday Food, June 2006
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 cup(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 325F. Butter and flour an 10 inch tube pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 2. In a large mixer bowl, beat butter and sugar until light. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition, then add vanilla; beat until well combined.
- 3. With mixer on lowest speed, alternately add flour mixture and sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat just until combined. Spoon batter into prepared pan, and smooth top with rubber spatula. Tap pan on counter to let batter settle.
- 4. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake is golden brown, 75-80 minutes. Let cool in pan 20 minutes. Run a metal spatula around the inner and outer edges of pan. Then invert completely onto cooling rack, and cool completely.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lec2003 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts