Best pound cake ever!! It was easy to make, I didn't change a thing. It was moist, and presented well! Next event I have, I know what I am making....Sour Cream Pound Cake.
Sour Cream Pound Cake
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until the yolk disappears.
- 2. Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat batter at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in extracts. Pour into a greased and floured 12-cup tube pan.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan, and cool completely on wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This