Southern Living NOVEMBER 2011
1. Cook first 4 ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until butter melts. Let cool to 115°.
2. Combine yeast and warm water in a liquid measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes. Stir together eggs, flour, yeast mixture, and sour cream mixture in a large bowl until well blended. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
3. Divide dough into fourths, and shape each portion into a ball. Roll each ball to 1/4-inch thickness on a floured surface; cut dough into rounds with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter.
4. Brush rounds with 2 Tbsp. melted butter. Make a crease across each round with a knife, and fold in half; gently press edges to seal. Place rolls, with sides touching, in a lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Place any remaining rolls on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
5. Preheat oven to 375°, and bake rolls 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush rolls with remaining 2 Tbsp. melted butter.
Go to Full Version of