Sour Cream-and-Pickled Onion Sauce
From Test Kitchen Director Robby Melvin:
Turn your ho-hum leftover turkey sandwich into a gourmet lunch with our Test Kitchen Director's go-to sandwich condiment. The best part? There's no shopping needed. This sauce can be made with ingredients found in your refrigerator. To build a spectacular sandwich, slather the sauce on toasted slices of your favorite bread. Then pile on the leftover turkey and top with thinly sliced red onion, crisp lettuce leaves, and a juicy slice of tomato.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup minced pickled cocktail onions
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon pickled onion juice from jar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Stir together mayonnaise, green onions, minced pickled cocktail onions, sour cream, and pickled onion juice in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate sauce in an airtight container up to 5 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note