Delicious and easy!
Sour Cream and Onion Dip
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Cindy Barr
Serve this creamy dip with carrot and celery batons, sliced bell pepper, or pita chips.
Yield: Serves 12 (serving size: about 2 tablespoons)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 67
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 3.6g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 139mg
- Calcium: 29mg
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 cups finely chopped sweet yellow onion (about 1 onion)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1. Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, garlic, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 6 minutes, stirring frequently. Cool onion mixture slightly.
- 2. Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, 1 1/2 tablespoons chives, pepper, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add onion mixture; stir well. Top with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note