Sour Cream-Noodle Bake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Sour Cream-Noodle Bake
- This is a very nice casserole and has a really good flavor. I
- added a little black pepper with the seasonings. It is very easy to make.
- Recipe By : Mrs. Delores Townley, Marietta, Georgia
- Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time:
- Categories : Casseroles
- Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
- -------- ------------ ------------ --------- --------- --
- 1 package (8 ounces) medium egg noodles
- 1 cup Cottage cheese
- 1 carton ( 8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can ( 8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup cubed Cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain noodles; fold in
- cottage cheese, sour cream, and onion. Set aside. Cook meat until no
- longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce and seasonings; simmer for 10
- minutes. Spoon half of noodle mixture into a lightly greased 2-quart
- casserole; top with half the meat mixture. Repeat layers and bake at 350 F.
- for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese, and bake an
- additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cooking Tip: Crush leftover potato chips or pretzels, and use to top
- Recipe Author: Mrs. Delores Townley, Marietta, Georgia
- Recipe Source: Southern Living 1979 Annual Recipes
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sour Cream-Noodle Bake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes