Easy; very easy....no kneading!!! Mix it the night before; place it in the fridge overnight. rolls out next morning; cut & let them rise......Delicious; lots of compliments!!!
Sour Cream Dinner Rolls
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
Yield: about 4 dozen
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 (1/4-ounce) envelopes active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (105° to 115°)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Cook first 4 ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter melts. Cool to 105° to 115°.
- Combine yeast and 1/2 cup warm water in a 1-cup glass liquid measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir together yeast mixture, sour cream mixture, eggs, and flour in a large bowl until well blended.
- Chill, covered, 8 hours.
- Divide dough into fourths, and shape each portion into a ball. Roll each into 1/4-inch thickness on a floured surface; cut dough with a 2 1/2- to 3-inch round cutter. Brush rounds evenly with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Make a crease across each round with a knife, and fold in half; gently press edges to seal. Place rolls in a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan with sides touching.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 375° for 12 to 15 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads