Sour Cream Cucumber Salad
Notes: This recipe is adapted from Leda Voropaeff's Russian-American Feasts. The dressing can be made up to 1 day ahead.
Yield: Makes about 4 cups; 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 45
- Calories from fat: 53%
- Protein: 2.2g
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 127mg
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- 2 English cucumbers (2 lb. total)
- About 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 hard-cooked large eggs, shelled
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped (optional)
- 1. Trim and discard cucumber ends. Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise and thinly slice. In a bowl, mix cucumbers with 1 teaspoon salt; cover and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Drain well and pat dry.
- 2. Separate egg yolks and whites. Cut whites into slivers. Add to cucumber.
- 3. In a blender or food processor, combine yolks, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, sugar, and pepper; whirl until smooth.
- 4. To serve, mix sour cream dressing and dill with cucumbers. Add salt to taste. Line a wide bowl with lettuce leaves and spoon cucumber salad onto leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This