- 2 English cucumbers (2 lb. total)
- About 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 hard-cooked large eggs, shelled
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Butter lettuce leaves, rinsed and crisped (optional)
- calories 45
- caloriesfromfat 53 %
- protein 2.2 g
- fat 2.7 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- carbohydrate 3 g
- fiber 0.8 g
- sodium 127 mg
- cholesterol 56 mg
How to Make It
Trim and discard cucumber ends. Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise and thinly slice. In a bowl, mix cucumbers with 1 teaspoon salt; cover and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Drain well and pat dry.
Separate egg yolks and whites. Cut whites into slivers. Add to cucumber.
In a blender or food processor, combine yolks, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, sugar, and pepper; whirl until smooth.
To serve, mix sour cream dressing and dill with cucumbers. Add salt to taste. Line a wide bowl with lettuce leaves and spoon cucumber salad onto leaves.