Sour Cream Coffeecake
Mom's recipe!! This version is nut-free bc of my daughter peanut allergy. Chopped walnuts or hazelnuts can be added to cinnamon mixture (about 1/2 cup) or however much you prefer :)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) butter at room temperature
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon (i use 1 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, incorporating each fully. Add vanilla.
- 2. Mix together 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and set aside.
- 2. Sift together flour-salt in medium bowl. Alternate adding flour mixture with sour cream, starting and ending with dry ingredients.
- 3. Coat tube pan with cooking spray. Spread half of batter into bottom of pan. Dough will be thick. Sprinkle half of cinnamon mixture over batter, then top with remaining batter and cinnamon mixture.
- 4. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RBN1122 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sour Cream Coffeecake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch