These were sooo yummy. Just be prepared for the topping to fall off when eating and kinda makes a mess -- worth it though. But I wouldn't serve these to kids.
Sour Cream Coffee Cake Muffins
Photo: Charles Walton IV; Styling: Marian Cooper Cairns
Yield: Makes 24 muffins
More From Southern Living
Total: 52 Minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 24 paper baking cups
- 1 cup pecan halves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add 2 cups sugar, beating 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add sour cream and vanilla, beating until blended.
- 2. Whisk together flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually stir into butter mixture. (Batter will be thick.)
- 3. Place baking cups in muffin pans. Spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full.
- 4. Stir together pecans, 1/4 cup sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle pecan mixture over batter.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks (about 12 to 15 minutes).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Sour Cream Coffee Cake Muffins Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Breads