Lovely. Made as per recipe but didn't make the icing for the top as I put half the streusel in the cake and the other half on top before baking. Best coffee cake recipe I've made so far and very easy.
Sour Cream Coffee Cake
This Sour Cream Coffee Cake is perfectly moist and a wonderful accompaniment to a cup of joe in the morning. Don't forget to drizzle the glaze over the top for the sweet finishing touch.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 797
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated fat: 16g
- Protein: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 112g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 172mg
- Sodium: 362mg
- 1 cup walnuts, very finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan. Make streusel: In a bowl, combine walnuts, both sugars, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- 2. Make cake: In a bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder and salt. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat both sugars and butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition, then beat in egg yolk. Beat in half of flour mixture, until just combined. Stir in sour cream and vanilla, then fold in remaining flour mixture. Do not overmix. Batter will be thick.
- 3. Spread two-thirds of batter evenly in Bundt pan. Sprinkle streusel over, then top with remaining batter, gently spreading batter until streusel is entirely covered. Bake until a tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cake cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn out of pan onto wire rack to cool.
- 4. Make glaze: Sift confectioners' sugar into a small bowl, add milk and vanilla and mix with a fork until smooth. Drizzle glaze over top of cake, allowing some to drip down sides.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts