This cheesecake tastes great and does not take a long time to make. I did make a few changes from the instructions; I used low fat sour cream and cream cheese instead of non-fat and mixed it with a mixer instead of a food processer. I topped it with fresh raspberries. My guests said it was delicious and I would definitly make this again for company or to bring to a potluck. It is easy enough for an everyday dessert as well.
Sour Cream Cheesecake
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Mary Catherine Muir
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 300
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 11.8g
- Carbohydrate: 38.9g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 83mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 508mg
- Calcium: 128mg
- 1 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 10 cookie sheets)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup 2% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) carton fat-free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare the crust, combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Firmly press the crumb mixture into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, and cool the crust on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling, combine cottage cheese, 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla, salt, and cream cheeses in a food processor; process 1 minute or until smooth. Add eggs and egg white, 1 at a time, pulsing after each addition. Add 1 cup sugar; process just until blended.
- Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared crust, and bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until the cheesecake is almost set. Remove the cheesecake from oven, and let stand 10 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 450°.
- To prepare topping, combine 3 tablespoons sugar and the remaining ingredients. Spread evenly over cheesecake. Bake cheesecake at 450° for 5 minutes or until set. Cool completely on wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts