- 1 cup reduced-fat graham cracker crumbs (about 10 cookie sheets)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup 2% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) block fat-free cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8-ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- 1 (8-ounce) carton fat-free sour cream
- calories 300
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 9.6 g
- satfat 5.5 g
- monofat 2.9 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 11.8 g
- carbohydrate 38.9 g
- fiber 0.4 g
- cholesterol 83 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 508 mg
- calcium 128 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°.
To prepare the crust, combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Firmly press the crumb mixture into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, and cool the crust on a wire rack.
To prepare filling, combine cottage cheese, 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla, salt, and cream cheeses in a food processor; process 1 minute or until smooth. Add eggs and egg white, 1 at a time, pulsing after each addition. Add 1 cup sugar; process just until blended.
Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared crust, and bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until the cheesecake is almost set. Remove the cheesecake from oven, and let stand 10 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 450°.
To prepare topping, combine 3 tablespoons sugar and the remaining ingredients. Spread evenly over cheesecake. Bake cheesecake at 450° for 5 minutes or until set. Cool completely on wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours.