Some people might like these but I didn't think it was worth all the ingredients and the time it took to make the waffles. I made it exactly as stated, except for the baking powder which I forgot to add. I had trouble with the waffles separating (the top half sticking to the top half of the waffle maker) until I learned to smash the top of the waffle maker down until it touched the bottom, which made a thinner waffle that stayed together much better. Overall though, I prefer mashed potatoes.
Sour Cream, Cheddar, and Chive Potato Waffles
Photography: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Jen Rotenstreich
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 181
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 616mg
- Calcium: 327mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (5.8-ounce) package shredded potato pancake mix (such as Panni)
- 1 3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 (8-ounce) carton reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Coat a waffle iron with cooking spray, and preheat.
- Combine baking powder and potato pancake mix in a large bowl. Place milk, sour cream, and egg in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add milk mixture to potato pancake mixture, stirring until smooth. Fold in cheese and chives.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup batter onto hot waffle iron, spreading batter to edges. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until done; repeat procedure with remaining batter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables