Made using small Yukon Gold and Purple Fingerlings that I cut into chunks the same height as the halved Yukon's. Made for vegetarian party and used Ikea's seaweed topping "caviar." We agreed that it would make an awesome passed hors d'oeuvre, very classy and ridiculously easy!
Sour Cream and Caviar Topped Purple Potatoes
This recipe calls for Peruvian purple potatoes, which are topped with sour cream and caviar. These appetizers are quick and colorful!
More From Health
- Calories: 31
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 116mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- 12 ounces small Peruvian purple potatoes (about 16–18), halved
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1–2 ounces caviar
- 1. Add potatoes and 3/4 teaspoon salt to medium saucepan; cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to boil, reduce heat; simmer 8 minutes or until just tender but not falling apart.
- 2. Transfer potatoes to baking sheet lined with paper towels. Cool about 20 minutes or until room temperature.
- 3. Meanwhile, whisk together sour cream, lemon juice, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; let chill. Arrange potatoes in even layer on large serving platter. Spoon 1/2 rounded teaspoon sour cream mixture onto each potato half; top with 1/4 teaspoon caviar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This