How can one box of cake mix with wet ingredients turn into 4 8 inch round cake layers? I think the recipe should be doubled if you want 4 layers.
Sour Cream Cake Layers
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix*
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Beat all ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds or just until moistened; beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Pour batter evenly into 4 greased and floured 8-inch round cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 17 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Wrap layers in plastic wrap, and freeze 2 hours or up to 1 month, if desired.
- Note: To prepare 9-inch round Sour Cream Cake Layers, use 4 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans. Bake at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- *Spice, chocolate, or your favorite cake mix may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings