Sour Cherry Pie
- 2 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crusts
- 4 cups sour cherries, pitted and 1/2 cup juice reserved
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- juice and zest of lime
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Roll out one crust; place in a 9" pie plate. Wrap with plastic wrap and chill.
- Roll out remaining crust 1/8-inch thick. Cut as many one-inch-wide strips as possibe to make lattice; cut any leftover crust into leaf shapes with a mini cookie cutter. Place lattice strips and leaves on parchment paper-lined baking sheet; cover with plastic wrap and chill.
- Combine cherries and juice in a large bowl. Sprinkle with sugar, flour, cornstarch, lime juice and zest. Toss well and pour into pie crust; dot with butter. Weave lattice strips over filling. Arrange leaves in a decorative pattern on lattice.
- Whisk together egg and cream; brush over lattice and edges of crust. Bake at 400° for about 50 minutes, shielding crust after 30 minutes, if needed. Cool slightly before cutting.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts