- 2 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crusts
- 4 cups sour cherries, pitted and 1/2 cup juice reserved
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- juice and zest of lime
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
How to Make It
Roll out one crust; place in a 9" pie plate. Wrap with plastic wrap and chill.
Roll out remaining crust 1/8-inch thick. Cut as many one-inch-wide strips as possibe to make lattice; cut any leftover crust into leaf shapes with a mini cookie cutter. Place lattice strips and leaves on parchment paper-lined baking sheet; cover with plastic wrap and chill.
Combine cherries and juice in a large bowl. Sprinkle with sugar, flour, cornstarch, lime juice and zest. Toss well and pour into pie crust; dot with butter. Weave lattice strips over filling. Arrange leaves in a decorative pattern on lattice.
Whisk together egg and cream; brush over lattice and edges of crust. Bake at 400° for about 50 minutes, shielding crust after 30 minutes, if needed. Cool slightly before cutting.