- 6 cups fresh sour cherries, pitted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 disc Classic Pie Pastry (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup almond paste
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- P inch of salt
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- calories 508
- fat 23 g
- satfat 9 g
- protein 6 g
- carbohydrate 74 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 31 mg
- sodium 114 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°F. Make filling: In a bowl, mix cherries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice.
Roll out dough into an 11-to-12-inch round and fit into a 9-inch pie pan. Crimp edge.
Make topping: In a bowl, crumble flour, butter, almond paste, brown sugar and salt until blended. Toss in almonds.
Spoon filling into pie shell; sprinkle with topping. Bake until topping is golden, about 1 hour. Let cool.