BRAND WINNER Velveeta Shells & Cheese.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 2 quarts water
- 1 (12-ounce) package Shells & Cheese Dinner
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 6 extra-large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1. Grease a 2-quart soufflé dish with 1 tablespoon margarine; coat bottom and sides with breadcrumbs. Set aside.
- 2. Bring 2 quarts water to a boil in a 3-quart saucepan; stir in shell macaroni from package, and set cheese sauce aside for later use. Cook 15 minutes; drain. (Do not rinse.) Return to pan. Stir in 1/4 cup margarine, Parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup milk, stirring until cheese melts. Let cool slightly.
- 3. Process macaroni mixture in a food processor, adding remaining 1 cup milk in a slow, steady stream, processing until almost smooth. Add cheese sauce, egg yolks, and next 4 ingredients; process 30 seconds, stopping to scrape down sides.
- 4. Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gradually stir about one-fourth of cheese mixture at a time into egg whites. Spoon into prepared dish; place dish on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note