Sorghum Caramel Corn
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Robbie Caponetto
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 5 Minutes
- 2 (3.5-oz.) bags plain microwave popcorn, popped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sorghum syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°. Place popcorn, bacon, and peanuts in a lightly greased large bowl.
- 2. Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and next 2 ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil, without stirring, 4 minutes or until a candy thermometer registers 240°. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- 3. Pour sorghum mixture over popcorn mixture, and stir until coated. Divide between 2 lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pans, and spread in a thin layer.
- 4. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks (about 45 minutes). Break into pieces.
- Note: For a less clumpy texture, stir popcorn constantly for 5 minutes after removing from oven.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This