- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
How to Make It
Combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, and salt; stir well. Add egg, milk, and melted butter; beat at medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Pour batter into a greased 9-inch pie plate, and set aside.
Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon; stir well. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle mixture over batter in pie plate. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.