Sophia G's Cranberry Bread
Cool : 15 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 cup(s) sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 0.75 cup(s) orange juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated orange peel
- 2 tablespoon(s) shortening
- 1 whole(s) egg
- 1.5 cup(s) Ocean Spray, fresh or frozen cranberries whole or chopped
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl. Stir in orange juice, orange peel, shortening and egg. Mix until well blended. Stir in cranberries and nuts. Spread evenly in loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Wrap and store overnight. Makes 1 loaf (16 slices).
- PER SERVING (1 slice): Cal. 211, Fat Cal. 54, Protein 3grams, Carb. 37grams, Fat 6grams, Chol. 18mg., Sodium 313mg.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Carwai and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note