Sopa di Pollo (Southwestern Chicken Soup)
Optional Add'l Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 cup(s) cooked chicken pieces (deli rotisserie or leftovers) deboned
- 1 can(s) 15-ounce canellini (white) beans drained
- 1 can(s) 15-ounce black beans rinsed & drained
- 1 can(s) Rotel (mild)
- 1 can(s) White, whole kernel corn drained
- 1 jar(s) 12-ounce, salsa verde
- 6 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin (or more to taste)
- 1 whole(s) small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 whole(s) green bell pepper chopped
- 1 can(s) small can green chilis
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 stalk(s) green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) sour cream
- 2 whole(s) small avocados chopped
- Mexican cheese mix shredded
- 1 bag(s) tortilla chips (optional)
- 1 package(s) Mexican cornbread (optional) prepared
- • Put first 9 ingredients in a large saucepan (through garlic powder). Bring to a boil while chopping veggies, stirring occasionally. Add yellow onion, bell pepper, cilantro, and garlic powder and boil another 5 minutes, then reduce to a simmer for at least 10 more minutes, up to an hour. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- • Serve with toppings (cheese, chopped green onions, avocado, sour cream) for guests to add themselves, and some tortilla chips or cornbread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CreationMom and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note