Sonny's Fig Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Sonny's Fig Cake
- 1. 2 cups flour
- 2. 1 tsp salt
- 3. 1 tsp baking powder
- 4. 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5. 1 tsp nutmeg
- 6. 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 7. 1 cup oil
- 8. 3 eggs beaten
- 9. 1 cup buttermilk
- 10. 1 tsp vanilla
- 11. 1 cup stewed figs ( see recipe below )
- 12. 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Mix together the first 7 ingredients
- 2. Add oil and mix well
- 3. Add eggs and the buttermilk and vanilla gradually
- 4. Fold in stewed figs and pecans
- 5. Pour into a greased and sugared sheet cake pan, 9 X 13 or 2 round cake pans
- 6. Bake in a preheated 325* oven for 45 to 50 Minutes
- 7. While cake is hot, pour sauce over cake
- 1. 1 cup sugar
- 2. 1/2 cup butter
- 3. 1 Tbsp. white Karo Syrup
- 4. 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 5. 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan, bring to a boil over med. heat and boil for 2 Min. Pour hot sauce over cake.
- Stewed Figs:
- 1. 3 cups of figs, cut in half
- 2. 1 cup white sugar
- 3. 1 cup water
- 4. 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1. Cut figs in half
- 2 Add figs and all ingredients into a sauce pan and cook on low till figs are tender.
- 3. This will make three cups.
- 4. Put one cup into each of three freezer bags and freeze.
- 5. When ready to make cake use one bag of figs per cake.
- 6. The cake is best when left to set for 12 hrs.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sonnyt42 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note