Sonia's Special Steaks
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 409
- Calories from fat: 66%
- Protein: 28g
- Fat: 30g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 5.3g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Sodium: 1098mg
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- 10 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 rib-eye steaks (each about 1 in. thick and 20 oz., cut in half crosswise)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1. In a medium frying pan over low heat, cook garlic in olive oil, stirring often, until golden, about 3 minutes. Drain garlic on paper towels; save oil for other uses.
- 2. Preheat oven to broil. Combine vinegar and soy sauce. Lay steaks flat; using a paring knife, cut a 2-in.-wide pocket in the side of each steak. Spoon 1/4 of garlic into each pocket. Generously sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- 3. Place steaks on broiler pan and spoon 1 tbsp. vinegar mixture over each. Cook steaks 4 in. from heat, turning once, 5 to 7 minutes total for medium-rare (cut to test). Serve with remaining vinegar sauce.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes